Our MissionTo provide exceptional health care, education, and health promotion for children, adolescents and families in a practice setting that values compassion, teamwork, and clinical integrity.
Our practice consists of
- Eleven pediatricians, five nurse practitioners and one physician assistant (PA), all highly trained specialists in the medical care of children and adolescents.
- All of the physicians hold teaching appointments in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry.
As a large group practice, we offer
- extended weekday office hours and weekend hours on Saturday and Sunday. We do feel it is best to see your own doctor and nurse practitioner for routine well child visits, and for illness visits when possible.
- a unique team system within the practice to promote this continuity of care. Our physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistant, nurses and receptionists are grouped into teams, each with an individual telephone number for illness appointments and questions/concerns. This system allows families to experience a smaller practice feel while still enjoying the convenience and flexibility that a larger group practice offers.
- well child visits generally scheduled alternately with your physician and your nurse practitioner.
- For acute illness visits, if your regular doctor is not available, you will be offered an appointment with a doctor, PA or a nurse practitioner on the same team if possible.
- on weekends and evenings, appointments will be scheduled with the covering physician, nurse practitioner or PA.
- routine physicals and follow-up appointments can be made up to 3 months in advance. We designate a separate phone line for these advance appointments to allow easier accessibility when calling. Our scheduling receptionists can be reached at (585) 381-4848.
- designated referral and prescription refill request lines that are accessed by contacting your individual physician's team phone line.
- many on-site services including most routine laboratory work, suturing of lacerations, and evaluation of sports injuries and possible fractures.
- extended hours that allow our families both convenience and continuity of quality care so visits to urgent care centers are hardly ever necessary.
- an electronic health record system for over 6 years which enhances our ability to readily access our patient records and information.
- care for patients from birth through age 21 years. Patients who reach the age of college graduate should have their care transferred to an internist or family practitioner.
For more information regarding our practice and services offered, please download a copy of our complete brochure.